In accordance with Texas Laws, a waiting period of 60 days is required. However, the divorce may take longer if the parties are trying to work out the terms of the divorce, such as custody of children, child support, property division, etc. If an agreement is not reached, either party may schedule a hearing at any time after the 60 day waiting period.
- Filing for divorce during COVID-19 in Bexar County
- How to handle child custody issues during Coronavirus
- How is Military Family Law Different From Civilian Law?
- Divorce Mediation Expectations?
- McLaughlin Helps With Child Support Matters
- Relationship Status Changes Must-Know Tips For Women
- Consequences For Refusing To Pay Child Support