Home >> Flat Fee Divorce in San Antonio
WHAT IS AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE?
Uncontested divorces are an option for Texas couples. An uncontested divorce is one where the spouses agree on all terms. This includes, but not limited to, the division of assets, debts, child custody and visitation. When you hire the McLaughlin Law Office to represent you, you will be the Petitioner and your spouse will be the Respondent. We represent you, the Petitioner.
There is a minimum waiting period of 61 days. After the waiting period, you will have a hearing where a judge will review the agreement. The judge will determine if your agreement meets certain rules and conditions, and if the Judge approves of the terms they will sign the Final Decree of Divorce.
BENEFITS OF AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE:
- Saves money. An Uncontested Divorce can substantially reduce the cost of divorce
- If the Parties are able to work through their issues and come to an agreement there will be less stress than a contested divorce.
- An Uncontested Divorce can be one of the quickest ways to obtain a divorce thus saving a lot of time and once again, money.
Do you meet the qualifications for an Uncontested Divorce?
- You or your spouse have resided in Texas for at least 6 months
- You or your spouse have lived in the county where you are filing for divorce for at least 3 months.
- You and your spouse have agreed on all issues in your divorce.
- You and your spouse do not have an ongoing bankruptcy case
- The Respondent must sign a Waiver of Service; you need to know how to contact them, where they live, and they must agree to accept the Waiver of Service. (If you don’t know where to contact your spouse we can use other measures to contact them but it will increase your cost)
Mrs. McLaughlin is an Attorney and a Certified Family Law Mediator. With over 40 years of experience, we feel our office is uniquely qualified to assist you with your legal problems. If you are considering a divorce or any other Family Law issue call the McLaughlin Law Office, 210-444-9134 for a free consultation.