Home >> Uncontested Divorce in San Antonio
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE
Low Flat Fees. Payment Plan, No Court appearance.
The McLaughlin Law Office will handle everything.
If you and your spouse agree on what is in the best interest of your family, an Uncontested divorce may be for you.
Things to consider about an Uncontested Divorce (Flat Fee):
- It is the most cost-effective way to divorce. You will be charged a Flat Fee which will include your filing fees.
- You and your spouse make all the critical decisions.
- Your initial consultation is FREE!
- Complete a simple client information form, pay your retainer and we will get you started.
- Once we receive the client information form and payment most Original Petitions will be filed within 24 hours.
- We will review all documents with you.
- Once all parties agree, we make sure that everything is properly filed and recorded for the courts.
- Inexpensive, affordable, and payment plans.
- We will guide you when you decide issues like: Community Property, Separate Property, Child support Guidelines, and Visitation.
- We will represent one of you, the other spouse will be asked to sign a Waiver AFTER they have reviewed and accepted the proposed Final Decree. We make the process very transparent, both of you will review, and approve the documents.
- After you and your spouse have signed the Final Decree and we have the Waiver signed and on file, we will schedule a hearing after the required 60, day waiting period.
- And you do not have to go to court! Your hearing will be on ZOOM, in our office or from the convenience of your home!
An UNCONTESTED DIVORCE can be your best option:
Divorce can be incredibly stressful and emotionally draining for spouses, and children. An Uncontested Divorce is easier emotionally for all parties involved. While it is true that divorcing in general is not an easy thing to do, the process is made so much simpler when the spouses decide to make decisions that benefit the family.
WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE TO AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE?
A CONTESTED DIVORCE. A Contested Divorce can be very expensive. Many times, the cost of the contested divorce is not just for the Attorney fees. Often other professionals are involved. Mediation costs, Ad Litem costs, drug testing, Psychological testing, family counseling and many other costs can add up quickly.
WHAT ARE THE FILING REQUIREMENTS FOR AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE WITH THE McLaughlin Law Office?
1.You or your spouse have lived in Bexar, Guadalupe, Kendall, Comal or Wilson counties for 90 days and have resided in Texas for 6 months.
2. You have resided in the state and county as your permanent address, not just temporarily because of your job.
CAN MILITARY MEMBERS FILE FOR AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE IN THESE COUNTIES?
Yes. You still have to reside in Texas for six months, and in the county for 90 days, but it does not have to be your permanent address. This exception is for active-duty military only.
If you are active duty stationed outside of the area, Texas and one of the above-listed counties have to be your “home of record”.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE?
You must wait at least 60 days after filing the petition before entering final orders.
Having an experienced divorce attorney by your side is your first step. Ms. McLaughlin is an experienced attorney and a qualified Family Law Mediator. Her knowledge and years of experience will guide you in this journey.
Mrs. McLaughlin is an Attorney and a Certified Family Law Mediator. With over 40 years of experience, we feel our office is uniquely qualified to assist you with your legal problems. If you are considering a divorce or any other Family Law issue call the McLaughlin Law Office, 210-444-9134 for a free consultation.